“How to” videos have replaced the old fashion way of researching instructions. YouTube is full of how to videos, in fact there is a stat that says 30% of people searching on YouTube are for how to videos.
In our scenario specifically, a simple how to video would have cut down on 5 or 6 emails and 2-15 minute calls. Not that we mind helping of course but it would have alleviated the unnecessary stress it caused.
Loom allows you to do a direct show and tell. While you speak you can be clicking and pointing on your screen. Loom records it all and turns it into a professional looking how to video.
How can you use Loom to make your next event better?
- Registration instructions
- Instructions on how to use the Zoom “hand up” function
- A run through of the virtual platform you are using
- A personalized explanation of where an exhibitor can find his/her booth on the tradeshow floor plan
- How to make an on-line donation
And my most favorite way is sending a personalized video to an attendee that has a specific question. I received one of these videos in a training course I was taking. I was having trouble finding a particular document in the course material and my coach responded personally and showed me exactly what I was looking for. Adding that personal touch goes a long way!