Saturday was a tough day at the conference because they had four great sessions happening during each block and I had to choose what to attend.
The first one I attended was another sponsorship session. The interesting part about this session is that it was given from a vendor’s perspective. The session was put on by Paul Kenyon, President & CEO of Absolute. Here again is just a list of some of the most important points from this session…
- it’s a partnership, both sides must see the benefit
- the most valuable offer you can give them is through weblinks – clickable weblinks!!
- promotion does not only happen at the event but before, during and after
- creating a sponsor page is not helpful, no one goes to that page but the sponsors
- sponsors are watching to make sure you live up to what you promised them
- under promise, over deliver to your sponsors
- before you go to your sponsor know what you want
- provide your sponsor with a fact sheet, one page
- make your ask no less than 90 days out from your event
- impressions are sponsorship currency
- say thank you to your sponsors